Terms & Conditions for DRIVEFLY
- Bookings & Service
- 1.1 Bookings through our website or Consolidators are deemed to be made when final confirmation of the booking has been sent via e-mail. All terms and conditions are deemed to have been accepted at the point confirmation is made.
- 1.2 Whilst every effort is made to ensure that collections and deliveries of the vehicle are made at the requested times. We do not accept any responsibility for delays of its service, caused as a result of circumstances beyond our control, such as traffic congestion, delayed flights, road accidents, security alerts, severe weather conditions, luggage delays and immigration delays. This list is not exhausted.
Cancellations and Curtailment
- 2.1 Increased duration of the stay will be debited from the clients account and payment collected prior to the return of the vehicle. Any extended days will be charged at a daily rate of £15.00.
- 2.2 Full payment of booked service is due prior to the commencement of the service.
- 2.3 If your return time passes midnight from your actual paid booking date, and your car needs to be delivered after midnight, a additional charge of £25.00 is applied.
Liabilities and other Terms
- 3.1 A booking may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the date for which the service has been booked, and a full refund less £20.00 administration cost will be made.
- 3.2 No refunds will be given for any cancellations or none use of our service made within 24 hours of the day of travel.
- 3.3 Any customer wishing to curtail the length of stay for a service once that service has commenced will be liable to pay the fee for the whole of the service booked.
- 3.4 Any alterations made within 24 hours of departure and during the duration of stay will incur a charge of £20.00 for each and every amendment made. All amendments must be via e-mail and will only be acknowledged once a confirmation e-mail is received.
Exclusion and limits of our responsibility
- 4.1 Our insurance covers our legal liabilities.
- 4.2 Vehicles and moveable items which are left unattended are left at the Owners risk whilst the vehicle is in our possession.
- 4.3 No claim for damage can be made unless that damage was brought to the attention of our representative upon collection of your vehicle on your return and written notification is given to you at the time. Your car insurance must cover your vehicle whilst your car is parked with us, for fire, theft , flood and malicious damage
- 4.4 We accept no liability for mechanical, structural and electrical failure of any part of your vehicle including windscreens, glass chips, clutches, tyres and in particular alloy wheels howsoever caused. This list is not exhaustive.
- 4.5 We accept no liability for any loss for any loss or damage whatsoever caused unless proved to be caused by the negligence of our employees.
- 4.6 Your vehicle must be taxed and comply with the Road Traffic Act 1988. This is deemed by us to be the case for the whole duration while the vehicle is in our possession.
- 4.7 We accept no liability for any faulty keys, alarm fobs, house or other keys left on the car Key ring. In the event of vehicles not starting, we reserve the right to charge for our time. Only the Car Key should be given.
- 4.8 In the event that the car acquires a puncture whilst in our possession (including slow punctures) we reserve the right to charge either to inflate the tyre or for the changing of the tyre. We do not accept liability for punctures whilst in our custody.
- 4.9 In the event that the vehicle dose not starts due to a flat battery, we reserve the right to charge for our time in attempting to start the vehicle. We will not be held responsible for any consequences that may result as a direct result of us having to jump-start your vehicle.
- 4.10 We require the Customers to have a spare key for their vehicle, which would we require to be taken with the customer.
- 4.11 During certain busy periods or lengthy periods of stay, your car may be parked in any one of our Secondary Compounds which could be up to 15 miles away (one way), depending which terminal you have dropped your vehicle off. However, parts of the car parks are open to the public and, whilst staff have instructions to remove anyone not authorised to be on the premises, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your vehicle nor its contents. Please note the security level at these secondary compounds may not be at the same level as the main compound.
- 4.12 In the event that your vehicle needs to be repaired as result of our negligence, it must be carried out by our own approved organisation. It will be your responsibility to deliver and collect the car from the garage at your own cost. We will not authorise or agree for any works to be carried out by dealerships even in the event of the vehicle forgoing its warranty. The Company reserves the right to undertake repairs to your vehicle on your behalf in a manner which restores it to the condition in which it arrived at the car park.
- 4.13 For vehicles that have been modified from their original manufacture’s specifications, ie: oversized tyres/body modifications, Lift or lowering kits/ suspension adjustment; we are not responsible/liable for any consequential damage as the dynamics to driving these modified vehicles is not to industry standard.
- 5.1 Any vehicles parked by the customer personally at a Car park/Hotel do so entirely at their own risk.
- 5.2 Loss or damage covered by your own insurance. No vehicles will be covered for Theft/Fire/Flood /Malicious damage or any other intervening act of nature whist the vehicle is parked in our custody.
- 5.3 Any indirect /direct loss as a result of damage or loss to the vehicle (such as loss of earnings/missed flights etc.).
- 5.4 We will not pay more than £20,000 for loss of or damage to the vehicle.
- 5.5 We endeavour to deliver your vehicle back to you within 45 mins depending on traffic, weather conditions.
- 5.6 We will not be held liable for any delayed or missed flights /car hire charges as a direct or indirect result of our service.
- 5.7 We will not be responsible for any discolour of paintwork or dents or scratches that may become visible after a Car wash/rainfall. This is regardless if the dents or scratches or mentioned in this document or not.
- 5.8 We are unable to accept vehicles that are fitted with a roof luggage box that do not fall under the height restrictions within the airport car parks. In the event of a customer booking the service with a vehicle fitted with a roof luggage box the Company will not accept liability for any damage.
- 5.9 The internal condition of the car is not checked at any time and no responsibility is accepted for the interior condition.
- 5.10 We will not be held responsible for any claims of any nature below £750.00 including any alleged dents, bumps, and scratches.
- 5.11 We will not be responsible for any minor scratches or dents (whether marked on the document or not) which may not be possible to identify in confined times and weather conditions.
Customer Relations Procedure
If there any concerns or issues you wish to raise to investigate further, the following procedure needs to take effect:
Changing the conditions
- A written correspondence needs to be made via email / letter to our office (all correspondence details are available on the customer copy coupon receipt).
- A member of our customer relation's team shall endeavour to respond back to your query within a maximum of 5 working days.
- Please note that all matters shall be dealt with by writing. Any incidents/issues raised whilst picking or dropping your vehicle need to be made apparent to a Drivefly staff member of which would be reported/logged back to the Duty Manager. No acceptance of liability can be made until the matter is thoroughly investigated.
- All correspondence must be sent via written context (email/letter)
- 6.1 These conditions will remain in force unless the change is made in writing directly with ourselves and with our written permission.
- 6.2 For up to date terms and conditions please contact us